Spider Tie Wet – Advantages
Advantages over steel:
- Spider tie offers both a 6″ and 8″ thick reinforced concrete wall.
- Each pool wall is designed as a retaining wall.
- It is not necessary to back fill the pool walls before filling pool with water.
- You can drain your pool anytime and for as long as you want without any worries of walls moving.
- A reinforced concrete wall will out last a steel pool wall many times over.
- A Spider Tie concrete wall will not rust or corrode.
- But the best advantage is that you can have all these advantages without paying much more than you would for a steel pool wall system
Advantages over polymer:
- All the same advantages as mentioned above – plus
- A reinforced concrete wall is several times stronger than a polymer pool wall
- The Spider Tie concrete pool wall is a monolithic structure (one piece) it will not separate over time
- Much easier to install
- Less expensive
Advantages over gunite:
- The Spider Tie system does not depend on the dirt wall of the hole to serve as part of the forms.
- Easy to form in all soil conditions, even sand and loose gravel.
- Concrete is considerably less expensive than gunite
- Reinforced concrete is stronger
- No specialized tools needed
- No specially train crew required
- Requires about half the amount of re-bar reinforcement
- Consistent wall thickness
- Takes less time to build